1. These terms and conditions together with any specific notices given on the http://www.twitsnaps.com website ("Twitsnaps") are the Contest rules ("Rules") and apply to contest included on the website, unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering the Contest, you (hereinafter referred to as "Users") agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. The TwitSnaps Indian Independence Day Contest ("contest") is open to everyone, however the theme of the entries made must be "Independence Day". Therefore, all the entries made which could be associated with India, its heritage, culture, life-style and any other aspect, would be eligible for a valid entry.
3. By entering the contest, the User warrants that all information submitted by the User is true, current and complete. If information submitted by the User is found to be false, deceptive or incomplete or any other similar activity which Twitsnaps believes or has reasons to believe, is against the spirit of the Contest, then Twitsnaps reserves the right to disqualify all the entries of the defaulter for the contest without giving any kind of notice.
4. Twitsnaps assumes that by using its site and entering the Contest the User has legal capacity to enter the Contest and agrees to the Rules. The User also agrees to abide by the Terms and Conditions of Use of Twitsnaps website.
5. The rules regarding Contest and prize(s) are as follows:
5-A. One First Prize of Rs. 3000/- (Rupees Three Thousands only) will be awarded to the person whose photograph would be adjudged as the best original photograph on the theme - of all the valid entries on Twitsnaps during the Contest period. Contest period is defined as the time between 7:00 AM Indian Standard Time (IST) on August 12th 2010 and _6_:00 PM__ IST on August 15th 2010.
5-B.1. One Prize of Rs. 3000(Rupees Three Thousands only) will be awarded to the person whose photograph would be adjudged as the most popular photograph (maximum comments, ratings, likes and views) all the valid entries on Twitsnaps during the Contest period.
5-B.2. Three Prizes of Rs 2000/- each depending upon number of photos, views and ratings etc (Results via automated computer system )
5-C. The participants are advised to follow http://www.twitter.com/twitsnaps
5-D. Only one ID per person would be considered for Prize(s). Therefore, participants having multiple IDs should note that entries made from only one ID would be considered as valid entries.
5-E. To qualify as an entry to the contest, each image posted on Twitsnaps must follow the particular format only : #IndependenceDay accompanied with a description consisting of at least three relevant words. For a valid entry, the participants must tweet their image(s). Entries made without following the particular format and without tweet, would not be considered as a valid entry.
5-F. A valid image/entry must be original in all sense. By submitting an image under the Contest, the User acknowledges and undertakes that he/she owns all rights associated with the submitted image(s). The User, further acknowledges not to upload any content either image or text, which violates any law or which hurts the feelings of a particular community and would be solely liable for the consequences of any such uploads. Twitsnaps shall not be liable in any case for upload of any such content and reserves the rights but not the liability to remove such content, without notifying the User.
5-G. The prize - money will be paid either through PayPal or through Demand Draft, as per the winner's choice.
5-H. Twitsnaps will not be liable, neither will it compensate, for any delay/loss/non-receipt of prize(s) delivered to the winners, as a result of circumstances beyond its control.
5-I. By entering the competition all Users acknowledge and agree that Twitsnaps is not responsible or liable in tort (including negligence), contract, or otherwise, for any loss, harm, damage, illness or injury, however arising, as the direct or indirect result of claiming, delivering or using any prize. Acceptance and uptake of any prize is at the prize-winner's risk.
6. The Prize winner(s) will be announced likely by August _16_th 2010 on the Twitsnaps website/blog. Winners will also be intimated directly by Tweets from Twitsnaps' Twitter account within reasonable time.
7. Twitsnaps may ask the winners to send an undertaking stating the image(s) the Winner has uploaded, is original and the winner has all the rights pertaining to the image(s) and has obtained the required Model Releases or permission from the person(s) who could be identified in the image(s). Twitsnaps may ask the Winners to send documents for name and address verification, telephone number and their choice of mode of transfer of the prize amount.
8. The decision of the judges, including but not limited to the eligibility and validity of entries, operation of the draw, allocation of prizes and validity/admissibility of verification documents for claiming prize would be final and no correspondence in this regard will be entered into.
9. By entering the competition all Users agree that if drawn as a winner of a prize their name and image may be used by Twitsnaps for publicity and promotional purposes.
10. Twitsnaps reserves the right to cancel or amend the Contest and the prize(s), the Notice or these Rules at any time without prior notice.
11. Twitsnaps cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communication, line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorized access to messages, or messages lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, worms or other causes outside its control.